How To Make Your Concrete Floors Shine Bright Like A Diamond
Whether it's an existing concrete floor, indoors or outdoors, or new concrete, this type of flooring is favored for its simply beautiful appearance, and for some, the expectation of achieving a spectacular shine. By using innovative flooring equipment, reliable tooling and the proper supplies, while following the necessary steps, you will ultimately accomplish a lustrous, exquisite looking floor finish.
Surface PreparationAs always, surface preparation is a major key factor in any flooring project, especially concrete. The extent of your floor's preparation will conclusively determine how fascinating the finished product will be.
- Concrete Hardness: Determining the degree of hardness in your concrete surface will assist you in figuring out which type of diamond to choose and what grit level is best suited for the concrete. The MOH Hardness Kit is the ideal tool to find out the hardness of the concrete.
- Concrete Cleaning: Typically any floor foundation like concrete will have pre-existing stains or dirt and grime that need to be cleaned away. Using a penetrating concrete cleaner or concrete degreaser is going to be the most suitable option to eliminate even the toughest stains.
- Concrete Repair: Cracks and holes must be repaired prior to the polishing process. Epoxy or concrete fillers (depending on which application you're trying to achieve) will be used to improve the concrete's structure. Allow to dry completely.
- Concrete Tooling: Your metal bond diamonds and concrete polishing pads will regulate how shiny your concrete surface will become. Each tool has a classified bond and grit level that gives it the ability to either grind away tough floor coatings and mastic, or polish the floor's surface to a gleaming appearance.
- Concrete Polishing: You have to determine if you'll need to perform wet or dry grinding procedures. The wet grinding process utilizes water to reduce friction and cool down the diamond abrasives, which ultimately extends the lifespan of your tooling. Also, it completely eliminates grinding dust. The dry grinding process requires no water, instead a dust extraction machine or industrial vacuum is used to eliminate the dust being produced. Dry grinding requires tough and reliable tooling to withstand the harsh conditions.
- Concrete Densifying & Sealing: Applying a concrete densifier/hardener will fill any pores in the concrete which increases surface density. Sealing the surface of the concrete with a concrete sealing agent will guarantee protection from periodic damage, corrosion, and stains.
- Concrete Maintenance: Potentially, concrete floors will collect dirt, dust, etc. (most flooring does eventually), however cleaning and maintenance is effortless and will fit into anybody's busy schedule with the proper accessories. With the use of a floor scrubbing machine or a floor burnishing machine, and mild concrete cleaners, your floors are guaranteed to deliver an everlasting shine the will absolutely WOW your guests and keep you pleased and smiling for decades to come.
- NO vinegar or ammonia used AT ALL!
- High-speed burnishers with white curing pads for shining concrete.
- We suggest sealing your concrete floors every 3 to 4 years.
- Although doing it yourself is achievable, even when using our floor guides to assist you, if you still have doubts or concerns, please don't be afraid to consider hiring a flooring professional. They can and will assist you in reaching your desired result.
Resources, Guidance and SupportXtreme Polishing Systems supplies the industry with innovative and professional concrete polishing products, equipment, chemicals and much more. Our professionals are trained to deliver the guidance, customer service and reliable products that are fundamental when preparing and executing a concrete floor. Whether you're a new business owner, flooring subcontractor, DIYer, craftsmen, artist, existing business or homeowner, our exquisite product selection and extensive industry experience will assist you every step of the way, from start to finish.
The experts at Xtreme Polishing Systems understand that concrete can variate in properties depending on each situation and thus have to be treated differently. We're here to guide you in the proper direction, so feel free to call us at (877) 958-5264 with any questions about 'How To Make Your Concrete Floors Shine Bright Like A Diamond' or visit our website www.xtremepolishingsystems.com and browse our products today!