Xtreme Polishing Systems' Concrete & Epoxy Flooring Guides
The professionals at Xtreme Polishing Systems understand that each individual concrete surface must be treated differently based on the slab's current condition, and it's very common for unforeseen complications to occur after hours while still on the job site. Our clients deserve 24-hour guidance, so we provide you with immediate access to expert tips and customer support that may be useful in a multitude of different situations that may occur in this ever-changing industry.
Our complete Concrete Floor Guides and Epoxy Blog each exhibit helpful industry knowledge and resourceful product expertise for contractors, DIYers, and business owners seeking instant direction support. Our professionals are also readily available to answer any questions or assist with your inquiries.
Browse our website today for online purchasing, or call for our in-store/ curbside pickup services.
Questions? Call a PRO 877-958-5264. Shop online or in-store/ curbside pickup.
Most Trending Concrete Floor Finishes in 2021
October 19, 2021
There has been a strong trend in modern design for house interiors to employ more sophisticated, contemporary, and low-maintenance materials.Undoubtedly, concrete has always been a material of choice in flooring projects due to its durability and style versatility.
Today, this attractive material gets taken up a notch. As a long-term design option, people have begun incorporating various concrete floor surface finishes into their spaces.If you are looking to reinvent your home flooring, you have come to the right place!Here is a rundown of options for sprucing up your concrete floors.
Concrete Floor Guide for Surface Preparation
September 28, 2021
Surface preparation is by far the most important aspect of the installation process for both applications refinishing and resurfacing applications on concrete floors.In this article, we will discuss the different ingredients to achieving proper concrete surface preparation.
A Beginners Guide to Concrete Surface Preparation: The process of concrete surface preparation is the beginning step for properly achieving beautiful surface refinishing, whether it be polished concrete, epoxy coatings, or decorative concrete finishes. The purpose of restoring the surface appearance of concrete by either using concrete treatments or a new protective coating application is the process referred to as surface preparation, or simply put surface prep.
Does my Garage Floor Need an Epoxy Moisture Vapor Barrier?
September 7, 2021
Typically, an epoxy moisture vapor barrier is unnecessary. Properly constructed garages that are at or above grade will have a stone base under the concrete slab. So, moisture vapor emission rates (MVER) will be very low.Garages that are below grade or located in geography that has high water tables may have a high MVER, but often the issues can be mitigated by leaving the control joints (saw cuts) open.Our garage experts can assist you with this determination. Beware – there are companies who will include moisture vapor treatments as part of their standard offering which is usually unnecessary & greatly increases the price.If you intend to build a new garage, you will need to understand the basics of construction materials and techniques.True enough, a professional contractor will do the job. However, it is your money. You would not want to spend a sizable amount for nothing. Keeping this in mind, installing a vapor barrier on the garage floor will save you time and money in the long run.
Joint Fillers, Surface Cracks, and Concrete Repair Products: The Basics
August 31, 2021
Cementitious materials are used in concrete patching and crack filling applications to repair cosmetic surface flaws, defects, or hairline cracks in concrete substrates. Some of these repair materials are modified differently to enhance specific bonding properties, like polymers. Though, other options are designed with specialty cement-based materials for fast-setting purposes.
Epoxy Floor Care: The Most Effective Procedures for Routine Epoxy Floor Cleaning and Surface Maintenance
August 24, 2021
Essentially, a surface finish that displays such immense beauty as that of a finished epoxy surface certainly helps describe just how extraordinary and unique epoxy applications are. Especially when compared to other floor covering options.
Whether a personal DIY project or you simply hired a contractor, epoxy coating finishes are absolute one-of-a-kind masterpieces! In this article, we discuss the most effective procedures for routine epoxy floor cleaning and surface maintenance.
How does Getting Certified in Polished Concrete and Epoxy Coatings help you Develop Everlasting Industry Success?
August 3, 2021
People spend billions of dollars worldwide due to corrosion from surface application failures. Improper application of floor coatings and surface treatments will likely degrade faster, thereby corroding assets that now require repair or replacement.However, you can prevent this remarkable yet unnecessary cost by learning and properly performing the process of surface preparation. To ensure that floor coatings and surface treatments will last, surface preparation is the answer.
Professional Tips for Decorative Concrete Applications: Hand-Held Pump Sprayers
July 20, 2021
Concrete is a versatile material due to its immense durability and overall cost-effectiveness. Through the years concrete has gained overwhelming popularity for various structural purposes, including walls, countertops, flooring, and even furniture.It is inevitable, however, that certain occurrences such as heavy foot traffic, continuous erosion, and regular wear-and-tear will fade or dull the appearance of concrete surfaces in due time. As a result of such predestined events, there was major anticipation for the discovery of new and sustainable methods for refinishing concrete which, in turn, completely elevated the industry for concrete surface applications.
What are Key Benefits when Using a Racatac Kneeling Chest Support on the Job Site?
July 6, 2021
Safety hazards are something in which we cannot ignore. It has quite literally become a viable part of life, especially in the workplace. So what are some of the most common job site safety hazards associated with the concrete flooring industry, and how can you avoid them while on the job.In this article, we will discuss how you can prevent major bodily injuries as well as discomfort while working hard on a job site. What safety gadgets do you keep on your job site?
Learn How To Broaden Your Knowledge with Advanced Designer Epoxy Techniques
June 29, 2021
By possessing an arsenal of design techniques you can bridge the difference between your client’s vision and the reality of a project. Today, the clients who present their inquiries are more sophisticated with their personal preferences. Needless to say, they expect more. Plain gray concrete is simply no longer good enough for them.
Concrete Genie Floor Grinder, Polisher, Edger: Confirmation that Smaller Machines CAN Get the Job Done!
June 24 2021
The method of easing down rough concrete surfaces to reveal a flawless and polished surface is called concrete grinding and polishing. This procedure generally requires further use of heavy-duty concrete floor grinding machines and diamond-impregnated segments or grinding/ polishing discs that imitate sturdy sandpaper. The discs are promptly replaced with thinner grits during the concrete grinding process to achieve a high shine or smoothness.
The concrete polishing process is essentially the final stage of the concrete grinding process, using the finest grit polishing pads, or floor polishing disks to produce a high shine finish. Various polishing compounds, also referred to as concrete chemicals can be added at the final stage to help officially seal and protect the surface which also gives the floor more luster. Concrete grinding and polishing, especially when combined, may produce a smooth, striking finish that could even replicate polished marble!
Buyers Guide for Residential Consumers; Understanding HAZMAT Regulations for Shipping Epoxy Materials
June 17, 2021
Hazardous materials (HAZMAT) or Dangerous Goods are among the most complicated, regulation-heavy, and expensive products to ship. This is due to the potential they create that could pose a danger to people, property, or the environment. Shipping hazardous materials can be a complex and expensive process, so it is very common for residential consumers to become perplexed by the costly shipping expenses that can be associated with purchasing industrial materials like epoxy coatings.
Concrete Refinishing vs. Concrete Resurfacing
June 9, 2021
Have you been faced with the task to completely renovate and restore your concrete floor surfaces? Whether it's a residential property, commercial space, or industrial setting, the process of renovating concrete surfaces has helped achieve the most jaw-dropping concrete finishes to deliver d chemical properties to deliver utmost surface precision as well as resilient physical strength that's absolutely necessary for today's market.
In this article, we reflect on the different advantages and disadvantages surrounding each finish and also discuss the unique traits that contrast both refinished concrete floors and resurfaced concrete floors. This is to ensure that you know exactly how to maintain each one accordingly before moving forward, whether it is a job, renovation, or personal project.
Dust Collection 101: The Significance of Owning Industrial Vacuums to Ensure Safe Working Conditions
May 11, 2021
Dust is among the most common byproducts of any production company. Although dust particles are usually invisible to the naked eye, they pose significant health risks. A few of these health risks include allergic and hypersensitivity reactions, bacterial and fungal infections, lung scarring, and other pulmonary diseases, which are even more serious dangers that are perceptible by sight.
What are the Primary Reasons for an Epoxy Coatings Failure?
May 4, 2021
After thorough thinking, gaining enough courage, and collecting the proper resources, you finally decide to embrace the installation of an industrial floor coating. Now what?
To get the most out of your investment, you must start with your endeavor’s core - the installation process. Among the concrete floor coating choices available on the market, epoxy floor coatings have gained considerable popularity for their durability, appealing finish, and low maintenance level. When epoxy floor coatings get installed correctly, they can last and endure the test of time. But, like any other floor coating type, if applied inappropriately, epoxy coatings can cause some serious drawbacks on your concrete flooring.
Testing Kits for Concrete Floor Prep: Moisture Detectors, Measuring Tools, and Digital Gloss Meters
April 27, 2021
Global Forecast: What is the Predicted Industry Market Value for Polished Concrete Floors and Concrete Floor Coatings?
April 20, 2021
The recent advancements in the flooring industry for Concrete Floor Coatings and Polished Concrete have given way to the main spotlight. Now more than ever, the leading choices for commercial, residential, or industrial floor finishes are polished concrete and epoxy flooring. These incredible finishes exceed industry standards because they are capable of appealing to both high aesthetics or simplistic natural beauty, delivers absolute sustainability, require just minimal levels of maintenance, and all while still being affordable for anyone.
As a result, the service industry demand for concrete restoration, floor maintenance, surface refinement, and concrete resurfacing is constantly increasing. This greatly impacts the perpetual need for concrete equipment, tooling, materials, and supplies, to say the least.
5 Hard Surfaces recommended for Epoxy Coatings (and 3 that are NOT)
April 6, 2021
continues to show us just how incredibly versatile it can be, in addition to its chemical properties that allow the material to adhere (stick) to various different surfaces. A long-lasting, durable finish like epoxy coatings
is sure to enhance, seal, and protect your surfaces from the stress we inflict on them daily. While it is versatile, the adhesive properties in epoxy coatings
still have a few limitations pertaining to which types of surfaces are suitable for this application, without the concern of delamination.
The Best Concrete Floor Densifiers for Professional Surface Restoration
March 23, 2021
Concrete surfaces, especially flooring tend to withstand immense pressure from high levels of foot traffic, wear and tear, impactful machinery, and chemical spills. Although it is ideal for heavy-duty environments, this material does not last forever so concrete floors may lose surface strength and density. However, its longevity is solely dependent on how it is cleaned and maintained in the long run. Through the use of concrete densifiers
is the absolute best solution to prevent premature degradation of concrete floors.
This article discusses which products are considered the best concrete floor densifiers/ hardeners
for professional surface restoration.
A Legacy of Giving Back: How Important is Education to the Industry for Polished Concrete and Epoxy Floor Coatings?
March 16, 2021
Without a conducive place to study, no one can experience the joy of learning. As experts of the industry, it is important to consider the environment and its effects on the learners' well-being, comfort, and performance. Maintaining a comfortable ventilation system, an elaborate interior, and a large-scale complete workable environment makes up an ideal space to learn. The interior involves the ambiance that the wall design gives and the atmosphere of the flooring materials utilized. Considering the floors occupy the largest surface area of any space, they directly affect the air, acoustic, lighting, and thermal quality.
Floor Coating Systems that are Beautiful AND Reliable for both Residential and Commercial Garage Flooring Requirements
March 9, 2021
Garage floor coating systems offer heavy-duty, long-lasting flooring ideal for high foot-traffic and heavy pressure areas like residential and commercial garages, as well as businesses throughout all industries. Presenting unlimited color schemes and patterns gives everyone the freedom to experiment with different designs to create original surface finishes. Garage floor coatings add life, as well as traction to your concrete flooring that lasts for an extended period.
The primary goal of industrial-grade floor coatings is to extend the lifespan of any concrete floor. These floor coating systems are composed of high-grade epoxy that is able to repel moisture, grease, and other contaminants that can infiltrate the pores beneath the flooring. Not to mention, implementing a floor coating layer can make any floor easier to clean up and maintain.
Concrete Floor Guide: How to Properly Clean and Maintain Your Polished Concrete Floors
March 2, 2021
Polished concrete floors serve as a valuable addition to any space. Business owners and residents worldwide are seeking a flooring system that offers durability and design at a reasonable price. In this case, polished concrete floors are perfect for you. This flooring type guarantees long-term use without the need for frequent repairs as long as it gets installed properly and conventionally maintained.Featuring unprecedented strength and a beautiful glossy appearance, maintaining these prominent features of polished concrete floors is imperative. As with any other type of flooring, consistent floor cleaning and surface maintenance is the key to preserving the quality of your polished concrete floors.
What is the Difference Between Epoxy, Polyaspartic, and Polyurethane Floor Coatings?
February 23, 2021
Protective surface materials such as epoxy, polyaspartic, and polyurethane coatings are great options for offering your concrete surfaces constant defense against the harmful damage that may be caused by chemical spills, stains, and daily wear and tear. Floor coatings (and countertop) provide clients with long-lasting, easy-to-clean surfaces that display fascinating beauty for years to come. Each individual surface coating is specifically formulated with different attributes that separate it from the next coating, so what are the differences between epoxy, polyaspartic, and polyurethane coatings?
Everything You Need to Know About Polished Concrete Floors
February 16 2021
Over the years, we are used to seeing bare concrete flooring in rooms such as basements, garages, and warehouses. Moving towards modernism governed by minimalistic materials, concrete floors are slowly taking over home interiors. It offers versatility that lets designers polish, stain, etch or stencil the finished flooring surface. It is so much easier to integrate your style into every space, exuding elegance and simplicity. In this article, we will be focusing on the benefits and drawbacks of polished concrete floors. You can also learn about the many ways to style this practical material.
Do It Yourself Epoxy Floor Coatings: Commercial and Residential Flooring Trends for the New Year
Epoxy floor coatings
have been the staple for flooring systems of commercial and residential spaces over the years. Although it initially made its way through warehouses, retail stores, hospitals, and garages, people started to recognize its benefits. Offering unparalleled strength and durability, it is one of the cheapest materials in the market. Epoxy floor coatings
have also begun to move towards the flooring trends because of the plethora of colors and patterns available.
Get Certified with Hands-On Training Installing Polished Concrete Floor Applications and Epoxy Coating Systems
January 12, 2021
If you're looking for a career change and enjoy being hands-on, we offer two distinct training courses that certify in completed installations of polished concrete floor applications and/or epoxy floor coating systems. Our large-scale training facility, located in South Florida, is a complete working environment that's air-conditioned to ensure trainees are comfortable and able to maintain their focus on gaining industry knowledge. There's plenty of additional space that's accessible to all trainees so everyone has the freedom to move and function properly, while also complying with social distancing procedures. This gives each student a sense of security so everyone can successfully and SAFELY interact with their fellow trainees, the instructor, and of course to GRIND.
- Dec 15, 2020, COVID-19 Tips for Cleaning and Disinfecting Commercial Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 10, 2020, How to Choose the Proper Epoxy Coating for Your Garage and Basement Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 13, 2020, The Difference Between Floor Buffers and Floor Burnishers | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 15, 2020, Enhancing Plain Concrete Surfaces w/ Dyes and Stains | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Aug. 18, 2020, DIY Money Floor Using Clear Resin Epoxy Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jul. 14, 2020, Understanding Section 179 Tax Deduction | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jun. 16, 2020, DIY Concrete Crafts and Molding with Cement Mixtures | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 14, 2020, How To Maintain a Safe and Sanitary Concrete Floor Surface | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 11, 2020, Do It Yourself Garage Floor Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 18, 2020, Comparing Concrete Floors to Carpet, Hardwood, and Tile Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 4, 2020, What Happens When Glitter is Applied to your Epoxy Coating Systems? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 21, 2020, Moisture Vapor Control Barriers for Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 7, 2020, Concrete Floors Inside Hangars | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Dec. 17, 2019, Utilize your Polished Concrete Floors in your Basement | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Dec. 3, 2019, How to Incorporate Glitter into Epoxy Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 19, 2019, Concrete Floors are the Perfect Solution for You | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 5, 2019, Diamond Cup Wheels for Concrete Surfaces | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 22, 2019, Using Epoxy on Marble Surfaces | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 8, 2019, Myths and Facts regarding Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 17, 2019, Epoxy Coatings for Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 3, 2019, Cutting Edge Ideas for Concrete Outdoor Concrete Applications | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Aug. 19, 2019, Get Certified in Epoxy Coatings! | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Aug. 6, 2019, Polished Concrete Flooring for Garages | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jul. 16, 2019, Getting Creative with your Concrete Driveways | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jul. 10, 2019, Non-Slip Floor Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jun. 13, 2019, Top Benefits of Polyaspartic Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 15, 2019, Hand Grinders for Surface Preparation | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 24, 2019, How to Protect Your Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 17, 2019, The Difference Between Planetary and Rotary Concrete Floor Grinders | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 10, 2019, Residential and Commercial Concrete Floor Maintenance | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 2, 2019, How to Incorporate Resins on to Different Surface Types | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 26, 2019, What are the Different Types of Concrete Sealers? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 19, 2019, How to Prepare A Hardwood Floor for an Epoxy Coating Application | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 12, 2019, Epoxy Coatings vs. Mechanically Polished Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 5, 2019, Concrete Cleaning Solutions for Stubborn Stains | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 26, 2019, Decorative Concrete is Exceeding Popularity in the Retail Sector | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 19, 2019, Hand-Held Grinders: Their Purposes and Precautions | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 12, 2019, Decorate Your Concrete Surfaces with Dyes and Stains | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 6, 2019, A Thorough Understanding of Chemical Floor Hardeners and Densifiers | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 30, 2019, How Safe is Polished Concrete Flooring? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 23, 2019, Using Concrete Dyes vs. Concrete Stains | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 16, 2019, What is the Coefficient of Friction? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 9, 2019, 3 in 1 Concrete Grinding, Polishing, and Edging Machine | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 8, 2018, How to Transform Your Basement Into A Pleasant Common Rom | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 6, 2018, XPS is Your One-Stop Shop for Concrete and Epoxy Surface Prep Supplies | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Nov. 1, 2018, Cleaning Chemicals for Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 30, 2018, Choosing the Right Concrete Tooling Manufacturer | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 25, 2018, Polyaspartic Topcoats for Garage Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 23, 2018, How To Grind Concrete Surfaces | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 18, 2018, Epoxy Resin for Garage Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 16, 2018, Concrete Densifiers and Chemical Floor Hardeners | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 11, 2018, How to Remove Mastic Off A Concrete Floor | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 9, 2018, Keeping it Clean with Residue Dust Shrouds | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 4, 2018, How to Make Your Concrete Floors Shine Bright Like A Diamond | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Oct. 2, 2018, Understanding the A to Z of Epoxy Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 27, 2018, How to Clean Your Concrete Floors | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 25, 2018, Dust Shrouds For Concrete Floor Grinders | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 18, 2018, Concrete Floor Grinding and Polishing Machines | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 14, 2018, How to Acid Stain A Concrete Floor | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 12, 2018, Why are Industrial-Grade Resin Coatings Essential for Everyday Living? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Sep. 4, 2018, Understanding the A to Z of Chemical Floor Hardeners | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Aug. 31, 2018, How To Clean A Concrete Patio | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Aug. 28, 2018, What Makes Epoxy Coatings So Durable? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 23, 2018, Everything You Need to Know About Hand-Held Concrete Grinders | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 16, 2018, The Significance of Different Concrete Cleaning Chemicals | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 9, 2018, Concrete Polishing Equipment Delivers Brilliant, Yet Affordable Results | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Apr. 2, 2018, Advantages of Floor Scrubbing Machines | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Mar. 5, 2018, What are the Benefits of Using Concrete Polishing Machines and Supplies? | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 26, 2018, Concrete Cleaning and Floor Maintenance Tips | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Feb. 5, 2018, Fundamental Benefits of Using Polyaspartic Coatings | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 15, 2018, A Basic Understanding of Floor Scrapers | Xtreme Polishing Systems
- Jan. 1, 2018, Why is Polished Concrete The Most Preferred Flooring Available? | Xtreme Polishing Systems