Understanding Epoxy Floor Coatings
Floors are something in which we don’t pay enough attention to, unless something extremely drastic is wrong with them. However, they are an essential part of our consistent workday productivity and safety. You may want to consider an alternative flooring option for your facility and its potential impact. One of these options is a decorative epoxy floor coating application.
What are Epoxy Floor Coatings?
Epoxy floor coatings are an adhesive resin coating that is susceptible to reactions with other chemicals. When applying an epoxy floor coating, it is mixed with a hardening agent that creates an extremely strong and adhesive resistance to weathering and wear and tear due to harsh chemicals. It is almost impossible to separate two agents that have been bound together by epoxy coatings. This makes epoxy resin a super durable, serviceable and stable flooring option.
Epoxy acts as a sealant for concrete floors. Epoxy floor coatings can be used on floors for commercial buildings, walkways, and most commonly residential homes and garage floors. This building material can also be used on countertop applications. So many facilities have already experienced the magnificant benefits of epoxy flooring, including commercial and industrial buildings such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, pharmaceutical buildings, laboratories and food or beverage plants facilities.
Advantages of Epoxy Floor Coatings
- Durability: Concrete floors coated in epoxy last longer and resist considerable wear, thus saving you money and allowing you to manage other business concerns.
- Brightness: Typically, a high gloss option for coatings can be provided, which improves lighting in your facility to a significant degree due to reflection.
- Strength: Once the epoxy has been converted to a solid polymer, it becomes incredibly strong and prevents chemical breakdown.
- Saves time: Epoxy flooring is usually quickly and easily installed, which means less time shutting down production for installation.
- Low maintenance cleaning: Once concrete has the epoxy coating, it is no longer porous since sealed and is therefore easier to clean.
- Aesthetic: Coatings are usually available in an array of colors and patterns to fit your specific style.
- Chemically resistant: Epoxy coatings can survive continued exposure to potent chemicals, which is perfect for warehouses or plants that may be exposed to such materials.
- Safety: These coatings are also resistant to slippage, temperature, extreme impact and even fire, maintaining both the safety of your employees and your building.
- Lowers vehicle maintenance: Choosing an epoxy coating can also reduce wear on vehicles in your facility because it is more forgiving on machinery.
- Helps the environment: Lastly, epoxy coatings are a green option for your business because of the reduction in material usage. It is a great alternative to adding on a completely new floor or replacing vehicles due to damage.
Resources, Guidance and Support
The experts at
Xtreme Polishing Systems understand that each surface can variate in properties, therefore have to be treated differently. We’re here to guide you in the proper direction, so please call us at (877) 958-5264 with any questions regarding ‘Understanding Epoxy Floor Coatings‘ or visit our website www.xtremepolishingsystems.com and browse our products today.
Whether you’re a new business owner, flooring subcontractor, DIYer, craftsmen, artist, existing business or homeowner, our exquisite
product selection and extensive industry experience will assist you every step of the way, from start to finish.
Xtreme Polishing Systems supplies the industry with innovative and professional concrete polishing and decorative concrete products, equipment, chemicals and so much more. Our professionals are specially trained with our products and will deliver the fundamental guidance and customer service when preparing and executing a concrete floor.