Polyaspartic Topcoats for Garage Floors
Your garage floors can oftentimes be forgotten or may seem like a nuisance to you. Xtreme Polishing Systems offers reliable garage floor coatings that will transform your garage space into a pleasant and stunning environment. Our selection of garage floor coatings were precisely developed for harsh and industrial settings.
What is Polyaspartic/ Polyurea?
Polyaspartic/ Polyurea garage floor coatings are chemically resistant, quick drying and exceptionally tough building materials. Polyaspartic floor coatings are chemically designed to completely seal and protect the surface of your floors. They're resistant to hot tires, making them an ideal flooring option for residential and commercial garages. Also, if you're interested in achieving a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing floor surface you can incorporate a decorative flake application before your clear protective topcoat, for example HP Spartacote Sparta-Quartz Systems or Sparta-Chip Systems.
- Parking garages
- Residential/Commercial garages
- Exterior walkways
- Commercial kitchens
- Veterinary clinics
- Locker rooms
- Turning lanes, ramps, other high torque areas
Polyaspartic chemistry was first introduced in the early 1990's making it a relatively new class of coating. Polyaspartic resins offer many benefits over traditional resins, higher abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, faster installation, and higher overall performance. The 100% solids version has no odor, solvent, or VOCs. As polyaspartics technology evolves, polyaspartic floor coating systems have been used on notable construction projects.
The Preparation & Application Process
- First, our professionals suggest that you allow for ventilation of the work space before you begin the application process. This will ensure that any harmful fumes or odors that were lingering will not impede on you or your workers' performance.
- Next, the concrete surface is thoroughly cleaned to remove any dust or debris. There may be oil or other grease-like stains incorporated in the surface of the concrete. This can be easily resolved with a penetrating Concrete Cleaning Chemical called Xtreme Clean Concrete Cleaner on the market.
- After the concrete floor is swept and washed, you must ensure that the surface does not contain any cracks. If there are surface cracks, a concrete repair or patch products is required to fill and protect the joints in the concrete.
- After the surface has been tended to it's time to conclude preparing the floor for application. The surface of the floor must be profiled to ensure the floor coating will adhere to it. This can be executed with a concrete floor grinding machine or polishing machine.
- Once the surface has been roughened up and the excess dust is extracted with an industrial vacuum system, it's time to apply the materials onto the concrete floor. Depending on which flooring system you choose for your garage floor will ultimately determine which process you will need to follow. Each system is personally equipped with MSDS and TDS Data Sheets that will guide you through the specific process. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to our professionals at any time with any questions or concerns. They are specially trained with Polyaspartics/ Polyureas and can help assist and gear you in the right direction.
Resources, Guidance and Support
Concrete all around the world has long dominated industries, particularly flooring, because of its exceptional durability, zero-maintenance and simply pleasant appearance that it delivers.
Xtreme Polishing Systems supplies the industry with innovative and professional concrete polishing and decorative concrete products, equipment, chemicals and so much more. Our professionals are specially trained with our products and will deliver the fundamental guidance and customer service when preparing and executing a concrete floor.
The experts at Xtreme Polishing Systems understand that every surface can variate in properties, therefore each slab must be treated differently. We’re here to guide you in the proper direction, so please call us at (877) 958-5732 with any questions regarding ‘Polyaspartic Topcoats for Garage Floors‘ or visit our website and browse our products today. Whether you’re a new business owner, flooring subcontractor, DIYer, craftsmen, artist, existing business or homeowner, our exquisite product selection and extensive industry experience will assist you every step of the way, from start to finish.